The busier and faster pace of life makes us constantly work day and night, both mentally and physically. We manage time for everything but not for the two most important things needed to perform and survive- sleep and rest. To match up the pace and be on your toes, it is essential to slow down for a while and give yourself the time you deserve. Hit your yoga mat and relax. Rejuvenate and repair with Restorative yoga.
Restorative Yoga has the ability to heal all the mental and physical stress. It is a mellow and slow-paced yoga style that relies on the use of props and prolonged holdings of poses to gain relaxation and rejuvenation. Let us take a glance at the defined benefits of Restorative yoga that make it one of the most recommended yoga styles for today’s steadfast lifestyle:
- Allows you to slow down and relax: Restorative yoga offers the opportunity to disconnect from the frenetic activities and turbulence of daily life and slows you down. Moving easily through the poses allows you to explore the body and mind at a steady tempo and prepares it for meditation and deepened awareness.
- Calms the nervous system: Restorative yoga classes have a slower pace and deep breathing practices that activate the parasympathetic nervous system from the first pose itself. It reduces the effects of regular fight-or-flight response and calms the nervous system. The deep relaxation you get in these classes comforts your mind and body on cellular level.
- Enhances Mindfulness: Restorative yoga can also be referred as Mindful yoga as it expands the awareness of self and the body. The slower movements allow us to experience poses and the breath on a deeper level. We become aware of physical sensations, thoughts that arise, and sounds in the surroundings. In other words, it enables us to feel and observe more of the world around us through yoga.
- Promotes Transcendence: Restorative yoga practices lead a practitioner to a transcendent state where he feels deep oneness with the universal level of consciousness. Each pose and breath leads you further up the ladder of deep awareness. On expanding your practice, you walk from a state of consciousness into the silent space between thoughts where you are able to take a glimpse of the soul and awaken the divinity within.
- Heightens body awareness: The slow pace of restorative yoga allows to gain a deep understanding of your own body. It enables you to actually experience how does it feel to be a spiritual soul in a human body. These days, people are too busy to know and explore their own bodies. Restorative yoga practice allows practitioners to intimate, explore and embrace their bodies. It helps integrate and own deeper level of strength in the body, leading to emerging a more profound sense of self-love and acceptance.
- Heals Emotionally: Restorative yoga classes provide a harbour that makes us feel safe. When we feel safe and find appropriate space to consciously treat ourselves, we realize how we feel and, find balance and peace in our emotions.
- Expands Self-Awareness: Restorative yoga classes often take your attention inward, away from the distracting external events and situations of the world. It directs your awareness within and allows you to take a deeper look at who you are, what you want, how you feel, etc. It opens doorways to new levels of self-exploration and contemplation. It enables your inner being to shine forth.
- Teaches to accept and detach: Restorative yoga practices are the antithesis to ‘no pain-no gain’ theory. It shows that you can avail a lot of benefits without even forcing yourself into the poses. Just release and surrender yourself to these postures. This mentality helps cultivate acceptance of various things which disappoint you, be it your body and its limitations or circumstances. It also strengthens your ability to let go of the negativities and be in the present moment. It teaches you to avoid preconceived notions of the body and, focus on how and what you feel, both in and out the pose.
- Connects to Your True Being: Restorative yoga is the excellent opportunity to reconnect with the divinity within. The techniques involved in this yoga helps you awaken grace, poise, strength, balance, and present moment awareness. Restorative yoga practices create a mind and body that is suitable for merging into a pure being.
So, give Restorative yoga a try and awaken your physical, emotional, psychological, and spiritual potentials.