‘A healthy body breeds a healthy mind and vice-a-versa.’ True. Yoga practices have proven time and again about the outstanding effects of the science on the body, mind, and spirit of the practitioner. Yoga is much more than simple stretches. It is an art form that starts with keeping us in the best shape and goes all way to improve longevity and help maintain overall wellness.
Yoga is for everyone and blesses with an extensive list of physical benefits:
- Improve Flexibility and Body Balance- It is a myth that only flexible people can practice and reap the benefits of yoga. In reality, yoga actually helps everyone, irrespective of their body type. In fact, Yoga is a known technique to improve the body flexibility. Yoga also helps build body balance and improve posture and this way it reduces the risk of injury while practicing, working out, walking, or running.
- Enhance Circulation- All the stretches and bends in yoga help to enhance the blood circulation. An improved blood circulation means a better flow of oxygen and nutrients in the body. It is also good for the skin, hair, and for the health of the organs.
- Strengthen the bones and tone muscles- When it comes to yoga and physical fitness, yoga sincerely aims at strengthening the body and toning the muscles. It increases the body energy and makes it strong, and prepares us to handle and cure body issues with great stamina and strength.
- Maintain healthy blood pressure and pulse rate- A regular practice of yoga enhances oxygen flow along with facilitating a smooth flow of blood to the heart muscles. It allows a better transportation of oxygen in the entire body and these activities result in a fair management of blood pressure. It also reduces strain, clams and relaxes the body to render a stable pulse rate. A stable pulse rate indicates a healthy heart.
- Prevent Respiratory Issues- Yoga prevents and cures a variety of ailments to make our body disease-free. A stronger respiratory system is also one of them. Yoga improves blood and oxygen circulation along with improving the lung capacity thereby contributing towards a better respiratory health.
- Stimulates organs- The practice of yoga keeps all the body parts and organs healthy. When you practice yoga, you not only work on the external health, but yoga practice also massages the internal organs to enhance their functioning.
- Improve digestive health- Poor digestion is the root cause of various discomforts. But with yoga, you can maintain a healthy digestion and also cure issues like gas, constipation, poor bowel movement, etc.
- Better sex life – Yoga practice is also great for boosting the sex life. It increases core stability and strengthens the pelvic floor and helps to have stronger orgasms. Not only this, Yoga reduces stress and increases fertility too.
- Boost Metabolism- Yoga boosts metabolism that is required to reduce and maintain ideal weight. Yoga is a great way to keep a check on the metabolism, facilitate healthy weight reduction to achieve a healthy and fit body.
The benefits of practicing yoga are countless. You can also combat specific issues such as flu, allergies, poor immunity, sleep disorders, body aches, arthritis, etc., with the help of different types of yoga practices. Yoga is not just about working out, it is about living a wholesome life. The practice transforms life and encourages body love.