A balanced diet and exercise are the Mantras to lose weight, and with hard work, achieving the desired body is possible. After all the efforts, if there is something our body holds onto that is our stubborn belly fat. Tummy pooch can be very concerning and can lead to stress in the body and mind both.
Yoga is the saviour in this. With a regular practice of yoga and balanced diet, cutting down the belly fat is feasible as it boosts the metabolism, aids the digestive system, and strengthens the core to eliminate toxins and belly fat.
Begin with a confluence of 12 yoga asanas of Sun Salutations and then follow these poses of yoga for a flat tummy.
Pavanamuktasana (Wind Relieving Pose)
By exercising the tummy area and also relieving it of any air trapped inside the stomach, it helps in eliminating belly fat.
- Lie down flat on the floor on your back with legs together and keep the hands beside the body.
- Take a deep breath and as you exhale, fold your knees and bring them close to your abdomen.
- Your knees should touch your chest. Now wrap your hands around the folded legs. As you do this, let the thighs put pressure on the abdomen area.
- Inhale. And as you exhale, lift your head and allow your chin to touch the knees.
- Hold the pose for 30-60 seconds.
Dhanurasana (Bow Pose)
A really effective yoga for stomach fat reduction, Dhanurasana also tones the abdomen muscles.
- Lie down straight on your stomach on the floor with hands beside the body.
- Now inhale and fold your knees upward and then slightly bend backward. Lift your head and then bend your back backward.
- Your back forms an arch-like shape. Now arch your hands toward the back and try to hold the ankles.
- Your body shall form a bow-like shape. Hold the pose for 30-60 seconds.
Naukasana (Boat Pose)
The best yoga for flat stomach, Naukasana tones the abs and keeps your entire body in shape.
- Lie flat on the floor on your back with legs together and let the hands rest on the side.
- Now slowly raise up your torso off the floor and at the same time also lift your legs
- Put the body weight on the hips; balance the body on it as you sit.
- Hook your hands in the air, straight. Hold it for as long as you can.
Utkatasana (Chair Pose)
Amazing yoga for belly fat reduction and also for correcting the body balance.
- Begin with being in Tadasana pose with feet slightly apart and hands resting beside the body.
- Now stretch your arms forward ensuring they are straight and the palms face downward.
- Now slowly bend your knees and push your pelvis down and it should look like you’re sitting on a chair.
- For modification, you can raise your hands up and lengthen the spine. Hold the pose for 30-60 seconds.
Virabhadrasana I (Warrior Pose I)
Virabhadrasana 1 is an amazing pose for strengthening the core and toning it.
- Stand straight on the floor and then open your legs 3-4 feet apart.
- Make sure that your left foot should be in front and right foot behind.
- Now twist the left foot outward by 90 degrees and right by 15 degrees.
- Now raise your arms sideward and straight. Place them parallel to the floor with the palms facing up.
- Breathe out and bend down your left knee so that your ankle and knee form a straight line.
- Now raise your arms upward and join the hands in prayer pose. For modification, stretch the arms towards the back.
- Hold the pose for a minute. Release and repeat on the other leg.
In addition, eat a healthy and balanced food, and keep yourself hydrated.
Do Yoga for a perfect body and a healthy lifestyle!