Child-Birth marks a new beginning in a woman’s life. It brings a lot of change in their physical and mental health. Whether it is the prenatal phase or post pregnancy, each phase demands an equal attention, care, and love. There are certain issues associated with a postnatal period which include stress, weight gain, body image issue, hair fall, weakness, swollen breasts, clogged ducts, postnatal depression, anxiety, body pain, and many more.
With yoga practice, every expecting and newbie mother can enjoy their motherhood and restore their physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
Here is Some Easy and Amazing Post Pregnancy Yoga Poses to Try:
- Sit on the floor on your knees with erect spine and hands on the knees or thighs.
- Now lower down your torso. Slightly spread out your knees and sit on your hips. Your hips should be resting on the heels.
- Now bend the torso forward and at the same time extend your hands forward above the head.
- Make sure your abdomen rests between the knees and forehead touches the floor.
- Hold the pose for a minute while breathing slowly.
- Sit on the floor on your knees and make sure they are aligned with the hips. Your feet, ankles, and shin should be parallel to each other.
- Now put your hands on the hips and then give your back a gentle stretch and let it form an arch.
- Now bend back your head and stretch the back little more. Slide your hand towards the feet and hold the ankle.
- Hold the pose for 30-60 seconds.
- Lie down straight on the floor on your back near the wall and with your hands kept beside the body.
- Now inhale and as you breathe out, lift up your legs from the hips, and place them against the wall.
- Put your hands under the back for support. You can also use a bolster or blankets for support.
- Now relax the body and breathe gently. Hold the pose for a minute. This is also a great pose in yoga for pregnant women during their 3rd Trimester
- Sit on the floor in Dandasana position. Bend your right knees and bring them towards the upper body. Put the foot on the floor.
- Now breathe out and rotate your upper body towards the right. Place the right hand behind the body near the hips and put the left arm around the right thigh or knee.
- Lengthen the spine with every inhalation and hold the pose for a minute. Release and repeat the same on the other side.
- This is one of the most beneficial poses in yoga for pregnant ladies and new-mommies both.
- Lie down straight on the floor with the hands placed beside the body. Now bring your knees close to the chest and wrap the arms around it.
- Breathe in slowly expanding your chest. Exhale and press the lower back against the floor and at the same time, pull the knees closer to the chest.
- For modification, bring your forehead close to your knees and try to touch it.
- Try to breathe normally and hold the pose for 20-30 seconds.
These postnatal yoga poses are great for keeping the new mums happy and mentally fit. Continue to practice yoga Post Pregnancy for a healthy body and mind.