Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live- Jim Rohn
Yoga is designed in a way that it helps you to attain a healthy body, calm mind, and peaceful soul. This therapeutic practice of life science comes with a lot of health benefits and weight loss is one of them. Yoga for weight loss proposes the ideal therapy. With it, you not only cut down the pounds but also start living a healthy lifestyle.
Obesity or being overweight is a result of many reasons. And if not treated on time, it can lead to many other ailments. With the amazing practice of yoga, you can easily experience a body transformation and see the numbers dropping on the scale.
Here are some effective yoga poses for weight loss.
Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation)
Sun Salutation or Surya Namaskar is a series of 12 different yoga asanas performed in a sequence. The ideal way to burn calories, it makes you flexible, and helps maintain a healthy body shape. The set of Surya Namaskar includes the following asanas: Pranamasana, Hasta Uttanasana, Hasta Padasana, Ashwa Sanchalanasana, Adho Mukha Svanasana, Ashtanga Namaskara, Bhujangasana, Parvatasana, Ashwa Sanchalanasana, Hasta Padasana, Hasta Uttanasana, and Tadasana.
Vrksasana (Tree Pose)
The asana is great for building up body balance and reducing weight.
- Stand straight and fold your right leg at the knee.
- Keep the foot on the inner-side of the left thigh.
- Keep your back erect and try to balance the body.
- Hold the pose for as long as you can and slowly release it.
Dhanurasana (Bow Pose)
This yoga asana for weight loss works greatly to reduce fat from the abdomen.
- Lie on your stomach on the floor. Now bend your legs towards the back. Stretch your arms backward and try to hold the ankles.
- The entire body weight comes on the abdomen. Continue breathing and hold the pose for 15-20 seconds.
Sarvangasana (Shoulder Stand Pose)
One of the best yoga asanas for weight loss, Sarvangasana provides therapy to the thyroid glands that contribute to gaining and losing weight.
- Get into the corpse position and slowly bring your legs close to the chest.
- Lift the lower body. Now, with the hand support your back and gently lift the legs up.
- The entire body should be straight and put the body weight on the arms, neck, and shoulders.
- Hold the pose for 15-20 seconds and slowly return to the starting position.
Trikonasana (Triangle Pose)
The asana works greatly in toning and stretching the body muscles, and does wonders when it comes to reducing belly fat.
- Start with standing straight and in a wide-legged stance. Now turn the left foot out and stretch your arms out wide open.
- Now push the left side of the waistline over the right leg and slowly bend down.
- Keep the back and waist flat. Now keep the left palm on the floor, and your right arms should stretch upward.
- Head should be facing up. Hold the pose for 15- 20 seconds. Release the pose and do the same on the other side.
Pranayama like Kapalbhati Pranayama or skull shining breathing exercise is also a great way to lose weight.
Remember that losing weight is a mind game; you need to change your mind in order to change your body. Be determined, patient, and achieve the desired and healthy body through Yoga.