As the weather changes, the risk of falling sick rises sharply. Frequent attacks of cold and fever are unavoidable. A weak immune system, fragile body, low resistance keeps us inert and prevents us from leading a healthy life. Being bedridden and away from work can be agitating for most people and all they yearn is a few days of goodness and well-being. Well, in this scenario, yoga is the perfect and natural immunity booster. Yoga is a time-tested method that boosts your immune system through its efficient ability to reduce stress, increases blood flow, and enhances digestion.
If you are wondering how to increase immunity then practice these five best yoga asanas to boost the immune system:
- Child Pose-Balasana: Come on your fours on a yoga mat. Spread your knees hip-width apart and rest your hips on your heels. Make sure your spine is erect. Upon exhalation, bend forward and drape your torso over your thighs. Bring your head and chest to rest on top of your thighs. Extend your arms backward and keep your palms close to your posterior in an upward direction. Keep your eyes closed and hold this pose for 60 seconds. An excellent posture that decongests the chest and helps in building a stronger defense system.
- Cobra Pose-Bhujangasana: Lie on your stomach, outstretch your legs and bring your arms alongside your body. Align your hands with your shoulders and tuck your elbows under the sides of your body. Spread your toes. Inhale; lift your head, chest off the mat and rest your lower ribs on the floor. Keep your shoulders relaxed and away from your ears. Straighten your arms as much as you can and lift your chest as high as possible. Remain in this pose for 30 seconds. A chest-opening posture which aids in the release of white blood cells that boosts immunity.
- Camel Pose -Ustrasana: Kneel on the floor with legs hip-distance-apart. Rest your hands on your hips and lengthen your tailbone. Slightly lean backward and tuck your chin towards your chest. Reach back and grab the heels with your hands. Keep your fingers pointed towards your toes and thighs perpendicular to the floor. Keep your neck relaxed and hold this pose for 15-30 seconds. A heart opening yoga posture that increases breathing capacity, provides relief from respiratory ailments and energizes the body.
- Bridge Pose-Setu Bandhasana: Lie on your back on the ground. Stretch your arms along the floor. Press your feet and palms firmly on the yoga mat and uplift your hips and lower back from the mat. Try to raise your hips as high as possible. Roll your shoulder blades back and away from your ears. Clasp your hands beneath your pelvis and keep your thighs parallel to the floor. Retain this pose for 30-60 seconds. This yoga posture improves blood circulation in the body, increases lung capacity, energizes the body to help put a stiff resistance against the germs.
- Fish Pose-Matsyendrasana: Lie on the ground with arms alongside the body and legs outstretched in front of you. Press your forearms and elbows on the floor to raise your chest, shoulder blades, and upper torso off the mat. Tilt your head backward and rest the crown of your head on the floor. Keep your thighs actively engaged. Hold this pose for 30 seconds. Fish pose stretches the chest, throat, stimulates the abdominal muscles and thymus which enhances the body’s immune system.
Boost your Immune system with these five yoga poses and lead an active, energized, and nourished life.